[SATLUG] OT: Gaming on Linux -Secret Maryo? - MS partner's secret bashing

John D Choate jdchoate at gmail.com
Mon Feb 7 15:30:13 CST 2011

On Monday, February 07, 2011 12:12:01 Christopher Connell wrote:
> In the BIOS yes 64MB is the only available option for the graphics card. The card will support up to 256 using TurboCache (Shared Memory). Not sure how to change the settings
in Linux. Proprietary driver = Yes NVIDIA driver version  195.36.24 (The one mint recommended under Hardware Drivers. Did a google search because I didn't know what SDL
was. Checked packages. I have the following:

> libsdl-image1.2
> libsdl-mixer1.2
> libsdl-sound1.2
> libsdl-ttf2.0-0
> libsdl1.2debian
> iibsdl1.2debian-pulseaudio
> libsmpeg0
>

> There is a library file libsdl1.2debian-all (With all available options) should I install that?
>
> -Chris

You may want to install that. Not sure though. I am not very familiar with Ubuntu/Debian packages, but I have the following (plus their 'devel' packages) installed in Mandriva
2011:
libSDL1.2_0
libSDLmm0.1_8
libSDL_gfx13