[SATLUG] OT: Gaming on Linux -Secret Maryo? - MS partner's secret bashing

John D Choate jdchoate at gmail.com
Mon Feb 7 15:51:45 CST 2011

On Monday, February 07, 2011 13:45:35 Christopher Connell wrote:
> I'll check it out later today and let you know. I had Mandriva 2010 and loved it on my D430. When I got my D620 I switched to Mint because word was Mandriva was going
away. Now I see there are back with another distro.

Yeah, they are not dead yet and development is chugging right along toward 2011 (my 2011 is 'cooker'... still about 'medium-rare', if the actual release is supposed to be 'well-
done'). Some ex-Mandriva developers are working on a Mandriva fork, called Mageia... should have an initial release in a few weeks. Time will tell if it is worth switching, but I'm
still happy with Mandriva.

John C.