[SATLUG] No Meeting Room at SAC Tonight

Nate pixelnate at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 23:53:50 CST 2011

On 2/9/11 11:39 PM, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> C P wrote:
>>> I went to the Nail Ctr. and found that room 122 was
>>> being used for a class.  Looked around on other floors
>>> and found no trace of where SATLUG was to meet.
>>>
>>> Howard
>>> --
>>> Howard Haradon
>>> San Antonio, TX  USA
>>
>> Was this before the January meeting of 2011 or after the February
>> meeting time of 2011?
>> Could you please post the email communications that you (as SATLUG
>> pres/vice pres)
>> had between the appropriate SAC faculty/staff members concerning room
>> access at
>> SAC or at least a jpg image of the SAC catalog section that you looked
>> up for room
>> numbers/classes that are using the class room at the time YOU (as
>> SATLUG pres/vice
>> pres) posted for the days of the SATLUG meetings.  Failing that, could
>> YOU (as SATLUG pres/vice pres) post the minutes of the SATLUG meeting
>> where the motion was made
>> to turn down the Rackspace move so that the SATLUG group isn't left to
>> think that the
>> reason that the Rackspace move was turned down was so that access to
>> room 122
>> would no longer be an issue.
>> Not to be to blunt, but based on the December 2010 meeting,
>> I'm offering the following observation: the less effort made by YOU
>> (SATLUG pres/vice pres).
>> the longer this is going to take.
>
> Get off Howard's back.  He is a volunteer.  He is only an officer
> because no one else wanted the job.  The SATLUG meeting is posted
> well in advance and the SAC faculty (at least the competent ones) know
> where it is posted.  If they are sponsoring the group, they really
> shouldn't need to be notified every month.
>
> The reason I'd like to move the meetings is because the SAC faculty do
> not seem to be interested in the group any more.

All snarkiness aside, if this isn't a clear indication that the meetings
should be moved to Rackspace I don't know what is. Piecing together a
scenario from Howard's, Craig's and Bruce's testimonies, it seems like
the SC faculty are not interested in SATLUG, don't pay attention to the
posted notices of SATLUG meetings and not enough people showed up to
indicate to Howard that the meeting had been moved/cancelled. Sounds to
me that the SAC faculty, and supposedly significant group of interested
SAC students, not only don't actively encourage SATLUG participation,
they don't care about SATLUG, they take over the established meeting
area from SATLUG and they don't attend the meetings in any significant
number. Do we need any further proof that the SAC-era of SATLUG has come
to an end?

I propose another vote to move the meetings to a much more hospitable
environment, i.e. Rackspace.

~Nate