[SATLUG] OT: Linux super computer to compete on Jeopardy

Christopher Connell connell.christopher at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 10 22:32:15 CST 2011

Being the size of 10 refrigerators and no dobut requiring a ton of power I can only imagine that the medical benefits that IBM talks could only be afforded by the largest hospitals (e.g. John Hopkins). Did you check out this AP video, at the end Jennings talks about his role in humanity vs. AI.

Sounds like the beginning of the matrix or terminator. Let's hope we don't create a self-fulfilling prophecy.  :-D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qO1i7-Qx00k

Also not really linux or watson related but the way he talked reminded me of Louise Cypher (Chatbot for Evil Limited)

http://www.evil.eu/evilavatar.html

Make sure you ask her about 2025 or the singularity.