[SATLUG] Reminder: We Need a President

Howard Haradon hharadon at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 23:09:43 CST 2011

On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 7:31 PM, Jose Leiva <leivajose at gmail.com> wrote:
> What are the tasks of the president?
>
> We should do a final vote next meeting? Or just appoint ur self? :P
>
> >From there choose what to do with the whole meeting facilities.
>
> We know when the meetings will take place the only thing we don't is whether
> the room will be in use. So like before if we are going to have it at SAC
> just update everyone through the list or put signs on the wall.
>
> I am interested but I would be busy just as Jim Wells when he was president.
> I am also not available on Saturday's so I won't make the pc shows.

The president would need to be elected by vote at the next meeting.
The group by-laws say this about the president:

"Elected Officer: President. The Group President shall be elected by
the membership-at-large and serve for a period of 1 year and
thereafter until a successor is dully elected and installed. He/she
shall exercise the powers and perform the duties assigned to him/her
under the by-laws and as Chief Executive Officer of the Group and
serve as Chairman of the Board of Directors. The President shall
preside over regular meetings of the Group and shall have full power
to enforce the provisions of the Constitution and by-laws and
directives of the Group Board of Directors."

There is nothing said about the PC Show.

Thanks,  Howard