[SATLUG] Reminder: We Need a President

Christopher Connell connell.christopher at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 10 23:56:26 CST 2011

This goes without saying, but the president should be well-versed in Linux and not a noob (like me :-D).

In all seriousness:

About the Voting at next meeting: (I'd feel uncomfortable casting a vote as that would be my first meeting)

Are there going to be bios or a resume? (Campaign ads? <- j/k)

As for meetings as I understand it: It is between rackspace and SAC. I can see pros and cons:

Rackspace hosts SATLUG.org and I'm sure they'd have a room during meetings, but do they have a guard at the gate? If so is there going to be an issue with getting in?

SAC has classes that SATLUG promotes, but there seems to be an issue with space requirements.

Has anyone approached other places (EX: UTSA, Public Library, churches, or someplace like Trinity Millennium  Group http://www.tringroup.com <-Who are hiring for senior software engineer & .net programming analyst )

Not that I'm against Rackspace or SAC.

Also have you heard of the San Antonio AIX & Linux User Group

https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/mydeveloperworks/groups/service/html/communityview?communityUuid=8221657c-52a4-4771-8bda-0e842d4779ee

Looks defunct but the new president could try and recruit them. Also be a good test to see their recruitment ability. Unless those six are already here :-)