[SATLUG] RE: linux.org

Don Wright satlug at sbcglobal.net
Sat Feb 12 10:39:40 CST 2011

Don Davis <dondavis at reglue.org> replied:
> I can ping it fine. However, using my local IP address and a remote
> proxy I am unable to get the webpage. It's timing out.

Greg Swift agreed:
>i can't browse there either.  nathan and I are both on gvtc's network.
>however i can't get to it from my phone on at&t either.

Something you might find useful:
http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/
and its easy to type alternate   http://isup.me

For the original question: linux.org is still down, and I can't find any
information or even much discussion on just why that is. A few of the
usual arguments and unhelpful responses (well in XYWRITE you do it this
way) but no good answers -- almost as if it never existed.