[SATLUG] OT IRC, Xchat

buddylee48 buddylee48 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 20:55:40 CST 2011

Howdy!

Have you tried pidgin? There are several tutorials for pidgin and I just
verified that irc.cuckoo.com port 6667 channel #techbytes is filled with
people.  I honestly recommend it to not only anyone new to linux and are
used to their normal chat programs but also those new to IRC. The interface
is far less confusing imho and will get you started. When you feel
comfortable then you can try other cooler clients like irssi ;)

Also if I recall correctly pidgin is by default installed on all ubuntu
installations nowadays.

Cody Lee