[SATLUG] Open Source Fest ?

Don Davis dondavis at reglue.org
Fri Feb 18 06:55:05 CST 2011

It's a statistical programming language. http://www.r-project.org/  I
would hold the workshop and show participants how to create graphs from
a Linux User survey with the ggplot2 library
(http://had.co.nz/ggplot2/stat_binhex.html) to make pie graphs, heat
graphs, histograms, volcano graphs, and correlation circles.

I think it might be rewarding for many levels of GNU/Linux / FOSS users.

R is a FOSS statistical programming language that is used in place of
$800 statistical packages such as SPSS. The ease of adding extensions
and the myriad of possibilities makes it very rewarding. (It also plays
well with emacs.)