[SATLUG] OT: Replacing a power adapter

Alan Lesmerises alesmerises at satx.rr.com
Fri Feb 18 21:20:02 CST 2011

A few days ago when they had those rolling black-outs, the power adapter
for my scanner apparently died.  I don't know if that was the cause or
if it was coincidence, but it was dead nonetheless.

I found what appears to be a replacement at Goodwill, but it's not quite
an exact match.  The old one was 12VDC/1.25A output, and the replacement
is 13VDC/1.3A.

I'm thinking that's probably not enough of a difference to matter, but I
wanted to get your (collective) opinion or if any of you have had any
similar experiences.

Al Lesmerises