[SATLUG] Sound issue in Fedora 14 with 0.24-5 from rpmfusion

Peter Cross pjcrux at gmail.com
Sat Feb 19 11:08:24 CST 2011

Hello All,
First I couldn't record anything then I found a wiki page on SELinux on
mythtv.org's wiki. So now I'm experiencing a sound issue on recordings that
I can't nail down. I'm using Fedora 14 x86_64 encoding with a PVR-500 on
US-Cable NTSC with the latest mythtv rpm from rpmfusion 0.24-5. If I record
a movie or television show using "record this show in this time slot every
week" I get a sound problem. If I just do "record this show" then the sound
is fine. I've looked at the wiki for troubleshooting sound and while a
positive learning experience was not able to resolve the issue. I was able
to fix my SELinux problem by changing to permissive from disabled.

Thoughts?

Mythtv does this with any show any station as long as "record this show in
this time slot every week" is the recording choice. Also, the sound I
receive is muted and staticy.

I had this issue with 0.24-2 from rpmfusion but did not have this issue in
Fedora 12 with 0.23. Was there a noted change I'm missing?

Hardware is a PVR-500 (Thanks Todd for the swap) on a phenom x3 2.3GHz, 8GB
DDR2, Asus M3n78-Pro.

--
Cheers!

Peter J. Cross