[SATLUG] OT: Linux super computer to compete on Jeopardy

Christopher Connell connell.christopher at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 19 18:13:20 CST 2011

That's a good point Walt I didn't even think that Watson could begin processing the answer as soon as the question is displayed. I also read that Watson, unlike Jennings or Rutter, can consistently press the buzzer at the exact time that the question can be answered (When Alex is finished reading). This article ( http://www.tnr.com/article/83337/ibm-watson-computer-jeopardy ) talks about Watson's likely success on hitting the buzzer faster.

This link is an interactive game against what the NYTimes says is Watson, but I don't think it really is.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2010/06/16/magazine/watson-trivia-game.html