[SATLUG] dead drive?

Christopher Connell connell.christopher at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 21 22:48:00 CST 2011

Agreed. I'd go with the Western Digital/Gateway Scan as the utility can perform minimal drive repair on almost on all drives. I checked Gateway's site, but there is an issue. When I click the link to go to gwscan512.exe it says zero results. So maybe download UBCD ( http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/ ) It takes a little longer to run the GWSCAN than having the program on and a disk by itself (and I think it's 5.11 not 5.12).  Might be able to get a little longer life out of the drive.