[SATLUG] dead drive?

Renee Dockery rdockery84 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 19:36:52 CST 2011

Thanks for all the suggestions! The laptop is an old (2004) IBM ThinkPad.
It's been going downhill, and I guess has met its end. I checked the bios
menu for any kind of diagnostics, but couldn't find any. I did find that it
no longer listed the hard drive as being there. (The only hdd it had.) Then
I tried restarting with various live usb drives and a live cd-rom. Nothing
worked. Now I just get an error message for the failed fixed disk. (I assume
a live usb or live cd-rom should work without a hdd, unless there are other
problems.) Maybe I can sell it for parts.