[SATLUG] when will people learn?

Geoff Edmonson w5omr at att.net
Thu Feb 24 22:27:28 CST 2011

On 02/24/2011 09:36 PM, Alan Lesmerises wrote:
> On 2/24/2011 6:36 AM, Geoff Edmonson wrote:
>> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-12554499
>>

> "It is going to portray Microsoft in a bad light ..." -- uhhh, YEAH!!!
>
> Talk about stating the obvious!

I don't want to start an OS Bash-war, but just stating the facts;
as long as Microsoft has been releasing software, there's been an
immediate rush, as soon as it was released, to update it because of
-some- issue, be it compatibility, or security.  Bugs abound.

I was dumbfounded when Win'95 came out, and people were lined up at
midnight to buy the software as soon as it was going to be available.
Are you kidding me?  And now, Microsoft is trying to get into the
cellphone business?  Is it any surprise that there's a "problem"?

"...Microsoft in a bad light..."  yeah, right!  They've done that to
themselves for as long as I can remember, and I got into PC's about the
time DOS went from 2.x to 3.0  There was DR-Dos, PC-Dos, a few other
DOS's, including PC-MOS (predecessor to Linux?).... then MS-DOS came in
and took over... and screwed things up.