[SATLUG] when will people learn?

country glenn.toothman at gmail.com
Fri Feb 25 10:11:02 CST 2011

I'm in agreement with you, Geoff, and I've been in the software end of
systems as long as you have.   Microsoft is noted for taking shortcuts,
hiring 'cheap' labor, quality control is lacking or non-existant in their
development branch.  The negative image that MS has given itself is well
deserved, and will continue..

Glenn T

On Thu, Feb 24, 2011 at 10:27 PM, Geoff Edmonson <w5omr at att.net> wrote:

> On 02/24/2011 09:36 PM, Alan Lesmerises wrote:
>
>> On 2/24/2011 6:36 AM, Geoff Edmonson wrote:
>>
>>> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-12554499
>>>

>> "It is going to portray Microsoft in a bad light ..." -- uhhh, YEAH!!!
>>
>> Talk about stating the obvious!
>>

> I don't want to start an OS Bash-war, but just stating the facts;
> as long as Microsoft has been releasing software, there's been an immediate
> rush, as soon as it was released, to update it because of -some- issue, be
> it compatibility, or security.  Bugs abound.
>
> I was dumbfounded when Win'95 came out, and people were lined up at
> midnight to buy the software as soon as it was going to be available.  Are
> you kidding me?  And now, Microsoft is trying to get into the cellphone
> business?  Is it any surprise that there's a "problem"?
>
> "...Microsoft in a bad light..."  yeah, right!  They've done that to
> themselves for as long as I can remember, and I got into PC's about the time
> DOS went from 2.x to 3.0  There was DR-Dos, PC-Dos, a few other DOS's,
> including PC-MOS (predecessor to Linux?).... then MS-DOS came in and took
> over... and screwed things up.

Ft. Leonard Wood '65
Ft. Devens '65-'66
138th Avn Co (RR) 66-67