[SATLUG] when will people learn?

Geoff Edmonson w5omr at att.net
Sun Feb 27 17:11:02 CST 2011

On 02/27/2011 11:51 AM, Nate wrote:
> On 2/27/11 11:44 AM, The Lius wrote:
>> It is true that everything has defects, but with the fact that MS is for
>> ridicuous profit and has tremedous resources, the software by MS
>> should have
>> been much, much better.
>
> To be fair, their OS is a 1.0 release. There are always issues that
> still need to be ironed out. They are at least owning up to the issues
> and trying to rectify the situation. If it was Apple, they would just
> pretend the problem didn't exist then release the fix as a feature as
> part of a press conference.

Going with what Chip said, why -can't- their software be "ready to roll"
when release date comes around, instead of pre-announcing "the latest
and greatest will be available on software store shelves at midnight"
and then release a patch/update/whatever for that same software 3 days
later?

What are the logistics involved in getting the original OS out, and then
have an update merely days later?

I contend that they KNOWINGLY release bad software upon the public while
they look for an answer to their screwups.

Someone tell me... HOW is that "good business" and why don't more people
realize this?

to bring this thread full circle back to the original subject,
"when will people learn?"