[SATLUG] Changing the default pointer in Gnome

hc at lookcee.com hc at lookcee.com
Sun Jan 2 13:25:48 CST 2011

I have been trying to get the Red-glass pointer to be the pointer on all windows and the desktop. Last yr I did get that accomplished on one box of my LAN but I failed to keep how to. Now I am using a 2nd box and I cannot get it to work on other than the active window.

I have sight problems and it is maddening to keep losing the pointer, That teeny default pointer is just too small even moving it I cannot see it. I have spent hrs and hrs searching and nothing so far has worked.

Can someone give a clue. I wonder if I can somehow compare what is installed on both boxes to see what is different?

Is that a viable idea or should I study some process involved and learn how it really works... sounds daunting.

How would I go about this comparison, I suspect it is simple but being a sorry programmer, I have no clue.

 Search is not up on the Satlug site, will this get fixed?
Thanks in advance.
hh