[SATLUG] Changing the default pointer in Gnome

hc at lookcee.com hc at lookcee.com
Mon Jan 3 09:37:32 CST 2011

Yes James my distro is Ubuntu 10.04 and I am familar with system>prefs>appearence, doing the custom setting and changing the font but that only works in the active window and not the desktop. I restate my problem

> I have been trying to get the Red-glass pointer to be the pointer on all windows and the desktop. Last yr I did get that accomplished on one box of my LAN but I failed to keep how to. Now I am using a 2nd box and I cannot get it to work on other than the active window.

Thanks, hh

From: "James Sundell"
There are methods of changing the pointer theme in gnome, but are
varied by version. It would be helpful to know the distro and version
of gnome you are using. Using Ubuntu 10.10, you can check gnome
version by clicking system->administration->synaptic package manager,
type gnome in search and check installed version there. Different
distros will vary in package managers so yours may be different.