[SATLUG] Fwd: [linuxham] [OT] Russian Prime Minister Putin orders Linux for Nation [1 Attachment]

Enrique Sanchez esanchezvela.satlug at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 18:23:53 CST 2011

On Wed, Jan 5, 2011 at 9:55 AM, pcdls <pcdls.ronin at gmail.com> wrote:
> Bravo!  Good for them!!!  A world uniting under open-source, expressions of
> thought and the spreading of ideas.  Can it be that we may soon see
> ourselves as citizens of the human race?  This is a great victory for the
> good and beautiful souls behind the open-source and linux communities.

well......... isn't it part of the motivation is to make sure other
governments, specially ours, aren't spying on them? while it is cool &
laudable that the Russian government intends to put their nation's
interests first, it is a huge setback to a local corporation, that
while it is a public owned one, still many Americans benefit from
their local (to the USA) HQ location (btw I do not endorse MS by any
measure, not even on a long shot).

All in all, I like & applaud the decision, as it undoubtedly will
refuel the development/improvement of Desktop applications & drivers.

regards,
enrique.