[SATLUG] Monitor res in Ubuntu 10.04

mark mark at kandm-solutions.com
Thu Jan 6 19:31:08 CST 2011

you can also do

sudo Xorg -configure

this does have to be done when the xserver is not running
to stop the xserver do

sudo /etc/init.d/gdm stop (assuming your using gnome in ubuntu)

reconfiguring the xserver this way will create an xorg.conf, usually in
your home or current working directory. The new xorg.conf can be copied
to /etc/X11/ and then edited to suit your needs.

if you need another resolution you can add it to the screen section like

mode "1280x1024"