[SATLUG] Monitor res in Ubuntu 10.04

mark mark at kandm-solutions.com
Fri Jan 7 23:47:59 CST 2011

as far as learning I do best by just trying to do things over and over
until I figure it out. I've heard this strategy as a description of how
Linux adds functionality in general, the "hoard" just pounds on it until
it works. Google is great and so are the man pages. For me the man pages
weren't really very helpful until I got used to reading them. They're
like aquiring a taste for something, you have to get used to it.

My recomendation would be to aquire some machines that don't always have
to work. Use those for projects. That way you can practice on them and
if you accidentaly break something, its no biggie. Then when you
understand things better you can use those skills on the machines that
do need to work. I almost always practice a complex configuration on a
test computer or network before I implement it on the real deal.

I'll post a more thourough explanation of creating your xorg.conf when I
have a little more time, probably tomorrow.