[SATLUG] Re: Ubuntu 10.04 Remote Desktop

Frank Huddleston fhuddles at gmail.com
Sat Jan 8 12:24:24 CST 2011

Greetings,

    I forgot to mention the situation in which you want to serve the
Mac's desktop to a vnc client (vncviewer), say, you're on the Ubuntu
computer but want to access the Mac's desktop. Since Chicken of the VNC
is just the client vncviewer application, you need some kind of vnc
server running on the Mac whose desktop you want to serve. I don't
remember the name of the one I used, but can find it if need be.
   Another option on the Mac is to use some package management system (I
mean, other than the one built in to the Mac), such as fink or MacPorts,
install a vnc viewer and server from there, and use X Windows on the Mac
to do all this. It's pretty much the same thing you'd do on the linux
computer. But it's more involved, and probably not the best option if it
can be avoided.

Regards,

Frank H.