[SATLUG] New camera prob

hc at lookcee.com hc at lookcee.com
Sun Jan 16 15:09:26 CST 2011

-----Original Message-----
From: "jameson" <zenbound at gmail.com>
Sent: Sunday, January 16, 2011 12:41
To: "The San Antonio Linux User's Group Mailing List" <satlug at satlug.org>
Subject: Re: [SATLUG] New camera prob

have u tried this?

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=340271&highlight=kodak

On Jan 16, 2011, at 11:32 AM, Borries Demeler <demeler at biochem.uthscsa.edu> wrote:

> Kodak C182
>>
>> what is the model of the camera?

Thanks Borries....
James my expectations soared at reading that post but.... I found that many things are changed in Ubuntu 10.04 and now `/etc/udev/rules.d/45-libgphoto2.rules' has become `/etc/udev/rules.d/45-libgphoto2-2.rules' and also it is now an auto-generated file ... hmmmm bit of same prob I hit learning to modify Xorg that now generates a new config each session.

# udev rules file for libgphoto2 devices (for udev 136 version)
# Created from this library:
#   libgphoto2      2.4.8          gcc, ltdl, EXIF
#   libgphoto2_port 0.8.0          gcc, ltdl, USB, serial without locking
#
# this file is autogenerated, local changes will be LOST on upgrades
SUBSYSTEM!="usb", GOTO="libgphoto2_rules_end"
ENV{DEVTYPE}!="usb_device", GOTO="libgphoto2_rules_end"
ACTION!="add", GOTO="libgphoto2_rules_end"

SO I think I am getting in over my head here. However I am willing to give it a go, just for fun. I already screwed my audio up when I did the un-install of all USB camera stuf I restored it all but still have plug-ins missing.

I guess to figure this out I will have to find how it auto-gens this file as I learned that 'xrandr' is used to set Xorg. Clueless, I even feel lost but it is raining so WTH. Clue me if you please.

I think Borries is correct, wait till I get the damn card. I prefer doing that anyway but as John said I do forget to put the card in now and then so dling from the cam is a help. I am gonna set up a windows box tomorrow and load the Kodak drivers on.
hh