[SATLUG] cron sudo task

Henry Pugsley henry.pugsley at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 12:52:40 CST 2011

On Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 11:08 AM, Richard Suberg <rsuberg at satx.rr.com>wrote:

Personally I would simply use an FTP client that supports scripted transfers
or mirroring remote folders .. lftp and ncftp can both do this.  If you have
SSH access and rsync is available on the remote server, that would be an
even better option (compression, restarting, etc). You won't have to worry
about special permissions or the mount failing and causing the whole process
to bomb.  Failing that, my next options would be:

1) Figuring out fstab and allowing the user running the script to mount the
filesystem
2) Using a sudoers entry to allow that user to run a script that will
mount/unmount the filesystem (last resort)

-Henry