[SATLUG] find and kill parent process in a script

Don Davis dondavis at reglue.org
Tue Jan 25 19:26:06 CST 2011

Well, I've tried -n and -t options with no success. However, it seems
the problem is that Kmahjongg is not really exiting. Clicking on the 'x'
to close it makes it go away for the user. The more appropriate question
may be - how do I get Kmahjongg to really exit when clicked to close? (I
could type 'kill' but I'm not the user.)

The program is still generating these connections that don't die:
tcp6       0      0 localhost:57091         localhost:6010
ESTABLISHED 11565/dbus-launch
tcp6       0      0 localhost:6010          localhost:57092
ESTABLISHED 11558/sshd: remote at n
tcp6       0      0 localhost:57092         localhost:6010
ESTABLISHED 11565/dbus-launch
tcp6       0      0 localhost:6010          localhost:57091