[SATLUG] OT: RAID setup recommendations

Alan Lesmerises alesmerises at satx.rr.com
Wed Jan 26 16:18:51 CST 2011

Since there are so many practicing sysadmin types on the list, I'd like
to get some recommendations for a RAID setup on a server I have based on
your real-world experiences.  The server has 7 hot-swappable SCSI drives
(that I plan to fully populate) and I wanted to use it as file
repository/backup location for other PC's we have on our home network.
Speed is not a priority, but data integrity is.

 From what I have read, there are several ways I could configure the
RAID, but there are pros & cons with each.  So what I'd like to know is
what would be your recommendations for the RAID and why?

TIA.

Al Lesmerises