[SATLUG] Hello.

Jeremy Mann jeremymann at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 13:45:52 CDT 2011

On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 1:22 PM, K B <kbecvar at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> Hi everyone.
>
> I am interested in learning more about Linux. I have dabbled in it for several years but now I am ready to plunge deeper into its inner workings.
>
> Are there courses available to further my interests or am I better off learning more on my own?

Hello Keith! Probably the best way to learn more about Linux is to
start from scratch and build your own system using Linux From Scratch.
You get to know a lot of the under lying routines, how to compile
source code, how to use patch, Kernel configs, system configurations,
etc... Once you know what happens underneath the GUI you will
appreciate it more.

--
Jeremy Mann
jeremy at biochem.uthscsa.edu