[SATLUG] Hello.

hc at lookcee.com hc at lookcee.com
Wed Jul 13 16:24:19 CDT 2011

-----Original Message-----
From: "K B" <kbecvar at sbcglobal.net>
Sent: Wednesday, July 13, 2011 13:22
To: satlug at satlug.org
Subject: [SATLUG] Hello.

Hi everyone.

I am interested in learning more about Linux. I have dabbled in it for several years but now I am ready to plunge deeper into its inner workings.

Are there courses available to further my interests or am I better off learning more on my own?

Thanks.

Hi Keith

I will suggest that u read some in a google search "learn linux"

This is a good link that is most things Linux and may show u what level you are ready to dive into.

http://www.linux.com/learn

If you are just interested in replacing MS-Win as an op-sys then I will say I am not a programmer so Linux-Ubuntu 10.04 works great for me.

dunno how versed u are with Linux but there is a distribution for just about any interest. You will have to learn what ones you wish to run, I also will echo Jeremy's advice give LFS a try.
Herb