[SATLUG] OT: Android phone recommendations

Alan Lesmerises alesmerises at satx.rr.com
Fri Jul 15 20:01:07 CDT 2011

It looks like it's time for my wife & I to replace our cell phones.
I've been holding off getting one of the smart phones until the prices
came down, and it looks like they're a bit more reasonable now.  The
only real question at this point is, which one?

For reasons that should be obvious for THIS group, I want to go with an
Android, but what kind of experiences have you had?  Do they all
generally connect with desktop PCs pretty readily, of are there some
hoops you have to jump through to get them to connect?  What about the
differences between a Windows PC & a Linux system?

Any insight you can provide would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Al Lesmerises