[SATLUG] OT: Android phone recommendations

Leo Midha leoem at stealth3.com
Sun Jul 17 12:26:39 CDT 2011

On 7/16/2011 6:06 PM, gbear14275 at gmail.com wrote:
> Just saw this... one example:
> http://www.techdirt.com/blog/wireless/articles/20110715/02212815101/verizon-tells-customer-to-get-lawyer-subpoena-to-get-itemized-bill.shtml
>
> On Jul 16, 2011 5:37pm, gbear14275 at gmail.com wrote:
>> The only thing I will say (from my personal experience) is stay away
>> from Verizon. There network is good but their customer service is
>> appalling! They are also VERY hack-UN-friendly. They are notorious
>> for locking down phone features and then trying to sell them back to
>> you. I recently switched to T-Mobile and it has been fantastic. Great
>> speeds and network so far.
>
>> My two cents I guess would be go with Sprint or T-Mobile. Verizon is
>> expensive, greedy and draconian... I've heard the same about AT&T.
>
>> --Garrett

Sure, Verizon is "evil"... but T-mobile is pretty much dead - DT
(T-mobile's parent company) is selling to AT&T (which is just as "evil"
as Verizon).  Sprint is just barely getting better in Customer Service
than it was 5 years ago.

In my opinion between AT&T, Verizon, Sprint...  it isn't much of a
choice.  Pick your which you don't like the least.  The regional
carriers may have some Android phones.  They will not be as powerful as
the prime carrier's selection, but at least they may not burn through
your wallet as quickly.

Leo Midha