[SATLUG] OT: Android phone recommendations

Othniel Graichen othniel at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 10:51:50 CDT 2011

My wife worked for AT&T for many years.  So we had AT&T cell phones when
we got married.  Then we switched to Pocket.  We were paying $160 a month
with AT&T before switching carriers.  Since switching from AT&T we've been
very happy with the unlimited talk and text services and now that it was
bought by Cricket
we also have nationwide service without roaming charges.  That's 2 phones
for $65 per month.  The phones we received have hands free calling to anyone
in your contacts list via voice recognition.  Not a smartphone but free.

That's smart.

Besides internet on a phone is not satisfying.

Raise your hand if you would trade your 1280x800 screen (or larger) laptop
for any
internet enabled smartphone on the market.

OMG