[SATLUG] Re: OT: Android phone recommendations

Carl George cwgtex at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 11:05:53 CDT 2011

I highly recommend webOS.  You have to try it out for yourself to see how
good it is.  It is the only mobile os with true multitasking.  Another huge
advantage is that there is not a "rooting" process you have to go through.
All you have to do is toggle developer mode on, and you have full root
access.  The only drawback with webOS is there aren't nearly as many apps
for it as iOS or Android, but new ones are being released everyday.  Palm
sucked at advertising, but luckily HP bought them and they are now getting
the word out about webOS.

If I had to get a webOS phone today, I would go for the HP Veer.  Don't
automatically accept that you have to have a giant phone with a 4.5 inch
screen; the Veer is very small but still very functional.  The phone I am
waiting for is the Pre3.

Another great feature of webOS is wireless charging.  You don't have to buy
bulky cases to use it, it is built into the phones.  They call it Touchstone
charging.  All you have to do is buy a Touchstone dock (currently $10 on
Amazon) and plug it in to a wall outlet with your phone's charging cable,
then whenever you need to charge, just set your phone on the dock.  It works
great.