[SATLUG] OT: Android phone recommendations

Geoff Edmonson w5omr at att.net
Mon Jul 18 20:52:22 CDT 2011

On 07/18/2011 10:51 AM, Othniel Graichen wrote:
> Besides internet on a phone is not satisfying.
>
> Raise your hand if you would trade your 1280x800 screen (or larger) laptop
> for any
> internet enabled smartphone on the market.

I've put 200,000 miles on my '06 pickup that I've had since dec '08.
That's a -lot- of driving.

Not a lot of room for a laptop, nor is it very safe to operate it while
driving.
(not entirely safe to operate the phone while driving either, but it's a
damn sight easier to control!)

The internet has come in handy on the phone for looking up addresses,
phone numbers, company names, etc...
it's been a life saver as far as checking weather conditions for where
I'm going, and for checking traffic on the road-ways I'm traveling.

For me, it's a must.

YMMV.