[SATLUG] OT: Android phone recommendations

Howard Haradon hharadon at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 09:04:26 CDT 2011

On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 8:17 AM, Othniel Graichen <othniel at gmail.com> wrote:
> Neither one of you really answered the question:
>
> Given that you already have a nice laptop,
> would you *trade* it for a new smartphone.
>
> That is if you had to choose just 1.
>
> BTW, most phone plans which include phone internet cannot be made to provide
> internet access to "real computers"  so we are talking 2 internet bills.
>
> OMG

My vote is for either the desktop or the full sized notebook PC.  At my age
there is nothing I do of such urgency that it cannot wait till later
in the day or
the next day.  I find the tiny screens, kludgy  keyboards, and lack of a mouse
to make a kind of toy GUI, inadequate for my use.

 Voice of the lunatic fringe,  Howard