[SATLUG] Laptop Memory

Lance Schneider schneider.lh at gmail.com
Sun Jul 24 05:53:07 CDT 2011

An additional note on the thermal paste - use the silver variety, at least
Formula 5. There is also Formula 7 (which I believe uses diamond dust as a
transfer media). Do not gamble on the alternative pastes that are half the
price. They are intended for other purposes, not as a cpu interface with the
cooling fan.

Also, be careful if you find you need to "pry" the fan from the chip
housing. As the thermal paste dries it also cooks and may fuse like epoxy.