[SATLUG] Laptop Memory

Don Wright satlug at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jul 24 10:38:46 CDT 2011

As Christopher said, using too much thermal paste can also be a problem,
as it actually conducts heat less-well than the solid metal heat sink to
which it is applied. Its purpose is only to bridge the tiny
irregularities between the "flat" CPU surface and the "flat" heat sink
surface. Perfectly flat surfaces would need no thermal compound.

Here's a huge comparison of 80 thermal pastes, some theory, and links to
tests of application methods and CPU coolers.
http://benchmarkreviews.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=150&Itemid=62