[SATLUG] Let the dispute begin

Lance Schneider schneider.lh at gmail.com
Sun Jul 24 16:26:21 CDT 2011

Good citizens of SATLUG,

I am about to undertake a multi-boot/possibly a triple-boot of LINUX
distros.

   - I am considering a common partition for user-produced files . . .likely
   a separate HDD.
   - I am also aware (but barely) that the order of installation will create
   issues or save me some with overwritten boot information, for example.

With this at least in mind, are there any reasonably consistent views on
number and size of partitions, AND a best order of installation of Debian,
Fedora, Ubuntu?

I have several 80GB drives available where I could run different distros
from different drives and bundle the booting together with something like
GRUB (I am speculating, here).

Thanks for all insights, in advance,

Lance