[SATLUG] Let the dispute begin

Othniel Graichen othniel at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 07:34:24 CDT 2011

I few years back I attempted such a beast,  I found that the distros do NOT
play nicely when it comes to the boot partition.  Each distro considers the
needs of itself and Windows but not that of other Linux distros.

It is easy to get into a situation where you cannot boot one or another of
your Operating Systems.

That said Flash Drives are your friend.  You can boot from them, you can
install
Grub onto them and they are cheap.  My point is that you may be successful
in
getting them to play nice temporarily, but at the next kernel release they
will again
disable access to all the other distros.

Your assortment of Flash Drives are a sure way to restart the offended
OS(es)

You will have no problem starting the offending OS.

Be sure to update the appropriately labeled Flash Drive after each kernel
upgrade
specifically the Grub configuration so your backup start mechanism stays
current.

Othniel