[SATLUG] Call for topics - Aug 10th

Steev Klimaszewski threeway at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 11:45:16 CDT 2011

On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 10:50 PM, Howard Haradon <hharadon at gmail.com> wrote:
> Looking for informal topics or any type of Linux oriented
> talk or presentation.
>
> How did the July meeting go?  Sorry to miss out.
>
> Howard
>
> --
> Howard Haradon
> San Antonio, TX  USA

Hi All,

We would like to do a presentation on our device if people don't mind.

A little bit about us...  the company I work for is Genesi USA, and we
make netbooks/nettops and (soon) tablets that are based on the
Freescale mx5 (soon mx6) processors.  Our current base of product is
the mx51, although we're moving to the mx53.  I'm not huge on
marketing, so it would (likely) just be myself and our director of
software engineering (he's from Belgium, but lives in Finland and
happens to be in the states currently)

Johan (aka PurpleAlien on irc) can be found at:
http://purplealienplanet.com or http://www.cc.puv.fi/~jd/

Myself, I've been a Gentoo developer since November 2005, and I can be
found at http://steev.net and I have random misc stuff dropped in
http://dev.gentoo.org/~steev

The Genesi website is at http://www.genesi-usa.com

Never really given a presentation or talk before at a LUG meeting (I
went to quite a few in Tulsa, but since moving here to San Antonio I
haven't made a meeting yet) is there any kind of process to go through
or anything?