[SATLUG] Pulse-Audio Sound question

hc at lookcee.com hc at lookcee.com
Wed Jul 27 22:21:43 CDT 2011

Hi gang
Using Ubuntu 11.04 and I can use the equalizer in Banshee. It works great but when listening to online video not through Banshee the sound is often so bass driven it goes beyond what my Bose speakers will set. The main system sound is PulseAudio but there is no equalizer that i can find so the deep booming of the base is very annoying, it hurts. I tried to watch the Steven Hawkings series on everything and the background drumming hurts to much to enjoy it. So my need is how can I change the tone in the basic system audio filter to cure this sound problem.
Thanks herb