[SATLUG] Call for topics - Aug 10th

Howard Haradon hharadon at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 00:19:12 CDT 2011

Steev,  sure, we would like to hear about the
Genesi products.  Our format is very informal, show
and tell.  There is a big screen VGA set up, but it
is a little picky about what will show.  We meet at
the Rackspace headquarters, on Walzem east
of I35.  Come in at about 6:30 and we will try
to get the screen working with your unit or units.

Thanks,  Howard

On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 11:45 AM, Steev Klimaszewski <threeway at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 10:50 PM, Howard Haradon <hharadon at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Looking for informal topics or any type of Linux oriented
>> talk or presentation.
>>
>> How did the July meeting go?  Sorry to miss out.
>>
>> Howard
>>
>> --
>> Howard Haradon
>> San Antonio, TX  USA
>> --
>>

> Hi All,
>
> We would like to do a presentation on our device if people don't mind.
>
> A little bit about us...  the company I work for is Genesi USA, and we
> make netbooks/nettops and (soon) tablets that are based on the
> Freescale mx5 (soon mx6) processors.  Our current base of product is
> the mx51, although we're moving to the mx53.  I'm not huge on
> marketing, so it would (likely) just be myself and our director of
> software engineering (he's from Belgium, but lives in Finland and
> happens to be in the states currently)
>
> Johan (aka PurpleAlien on irc) can be found at:
> http://purplealienplanet.com or http://www.cc.puv.fi/~jd/
>
> Myself, I've been a Gentoo developer since November 2005, and I can be
> found at http://steev.net and I have random misc stuff dropped in
> http://dev.gentoo.org/~steev
>
> The Genesi website is at http://www.genesi-usa.com
>
> Never really given a presentation or talk before at a LUG meeting (I
> went to quite a few in Tulsa, but since moving here to San Antonio I
> haven't made a meeting yet) is there any kind of process to go through
> or anything?

Howard Haradon
San Antonio, TX  USA