[SATLUG] Let the dispute begin

Craig sargonemail at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 14:42:51 CDT 2011

On Tue Jul 26 09:00:16 CDT 2011 Othniel Graichen othniel at gmail.com wrote:

> buddylee48 gave an example in *this* thread on July 24
> where 3 distros were installed each with a separate primary boot partition.
> and a bunch of LVM partitions for each distro.

> The nice thing about linuxfromscratch is that it does not
> automatically own your MBR and grub configuration and
> generally mess things up.
>
> Many distros do which is what I was commenting upon
So, install a 'minimal' optimized linuxfromscratch distro with each
separate "primary boot parition" distro in it's own VM.  No MBR mess
as each distro has it's own mbr to play with &&
one can add virtual memory to speed windows up to!

Alternatively, could have fun installing the Zorin OS 5 distro w/
linux && windows stuff run in it's own vm.

Craig