[SATLUG] Laptop Memory

Al Castanoli afcasta at satx.rr.com
Tue Jul 26 12:26:16 CDT 2011

The last time I cleaned the compound off an AMD chip, I used lighter
fluid and it worked great.  Just make sure you clean it all off before
powering up the CPU.

I was having trouble with a 3.2GHz Phenom X4 when running 4 different
xen clients on it at the same time and each running the boinc client for
setiathome.

I ended up putting a massive circular finned heat sink with cool tubes
on it and it's been working great ever since.  The compound I used was
silver 5 by Cooler-Master.

Regards,

Al Castanoli