[SATLUG] Laptop Memory

hc at lookcee.com hc at lookcee.com
Sun Jul 31 22:05:47 CDT 2011

Daniel, I thought of one more thing that I have heard and sur sounds plausible. Since the fan is a DC motor then blowing it out and allowing it to spin at hi speed will generate an output voltage. I read that this could damage the CPU but i am not sur quite how.

I would love to see some discussion on this. My thinking is that it may be possible through a back circuit from the fan's full VDC output feeding into the Main board's circuits, I dunno but i know I have blown my fans previously and observed that the fan is turning a lot faster and since the speed of rotation is an increase in DC volts. Since i read this warning I have unplugged the fan before blowing it out as a precaution.
herb