[SATLUG] Laptop Memory

Lance Schneider schneider.lh at gmail.com
Sun Jul 31 23:34:00 CDT 2011

Not a bad practice to disconnect the fan, first. However, an induced voltage
(manually spinning the fan) is not going to be a direct (1:1) corresponding
voltage. The voltage produced from the few windings of the fan coil motor
will not produce anything approaching the output of the power supply which
is feeding that circuitry. Also, those circuits are isolated on the
motherboard. A diode acts as a switch to operate the fan at various speeds
but that is the analog equivalent of a finger pressing the nozzle on an
aerosol can. The small amount of pressure applied externally is a mere
fraction of the pressure produced internally, and the two regions never
share a direct connection.