[SATLUG] phone recommendations

mark mark at kandm-solutions.com
Mon Mar 7 12:07:12 CST 2011

its very unfortunate.

I found a project at one point called the crackberry. The idea was an
open source linux OS to replace the blackberry software. You would be
able to use the intenal wireless network card without a data plan. VOIP,
web browsing, instant messaging, ssh and whatever other internet
services you want.

Unfortunately it did not seem to get very far. It seems absurd (to me at
least) to make a device with a regular wireless card and then lock it
down so you can charge someone for using a data service that is already
being paid for (the internet connection).