[SATLUG] phone recommendations

Greg Willden gwillden at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 11:37:22 CST 2011

I just bought an LG Optimus V for Virgin Mobile.
The phone costs $149 and it runs Android 2.2.
$25 per month gives you unlimited data and 400 minutes talk with No
Contract.
I am very impressed with it.  It is my first smartphone and It syncs up
great with all my Google Accounts (naturally).

3G, WiFi, Skype, Twitter, Facebook, and Apps galore in the Android store.

Frankly, I love it.

You'll have to do the comparison for number of phones at $25 ea/month versus
what you pay now.  But it is something to consider.

Virgin Mobile runs on the Sprint network.
Cheers,
Greg

On Sun, Mar 6, 2011 at 6:48 AM, Borries Demeler <demeler at biochem.uthscsa.edu