[SATLUG] Open Source Fest ?

Thomas Weeks tweeksjunk2 at theweeks.org
Sat Mar 12 22:41:24 CST 2011

On Friday, March 11, 2011 03:03:10 pm Howard Haradon wrote:
> With the news (at least to me) of the Linux Fest in
> Austin, we probably ought to do some more thinking
> about this event.  Maybe we could do some sort of
> beginner installfest or just hold semi-annual Linux Newbie
> courses, or ??  I would like to see some kind of public
> event that would encourage and educate about Linux.

THe Linux Desktop is always a popular topic.  I presented on it at several
venues over the years. Noobs specifically like to know "If I run App X on
Windows.. what do I need on Linux to do the same?"

That kind of stuff can be very simply outlined in something like this:
	http://xcssa.org/files/files/LINUX-DESKTOP-2008-03-22/img31.html

Tweeks