[SATLUG] Open Source Fest ?

Nate Turnage pixelnate at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 09:40:47 CDT 2011

I would say that the whole virus angle doesn't work, or apply, anymore. Windows 7 doesn't have the virus problem that XP did. Heck, it's not even as big a problem on a properly updated XP system.

It would be better to go the Trojan Horse (the original Trojan Horse) route. Get people interested in using free and open source software first and some may make the transition to (GNU) Linux. It is much easier to sell somebody on using Libre Office or Blender (arguably the best free software available) or Gimp than to try and convince them to reformat their hard drive and use a completely alien OS.

~Nate

Sent from my Palm Pre Plus